Are you looking for a career in scuba diving? Becoming a professional scuba diver opens a multitude of doors, and after completing your Rescue Diver course and logging at least 40 dives, you can sign up for the PADI Dive Master Course!
Becoming a PADI Dive Master is your first step in turning your passion for scuba diving into a career! The course is designed to help you gain knowledge, learn how to supervise and guide divers, and gain employment in scuba diving.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Good to Know
Duration of Course
Things to Consider
At the moment, we do not offer PADI Dive Master internships to people who are not Maldivian. This is because we believe that offering these internships and apprenticeship programmes to young people here is an investment in the local community. We generally only take one apprentice at a time, so we want to make sure that we offer this opportunity to those that might be from a disadvantaged background, and who might have not been able to fund their own PADI training.